Last updated on 1 November 2023 Dr Ruta General, Cosmetic Dentistry, Dental Care Plans, Dental Crowns and Bridges, Dental Exams and Cleanings, Dental Hygiene, Dental Implants, Dentures and Partial Dentures, Emergency Dentistry, Facial Aesthetics, General Dentistry, Gum Disease Treatment, health and wellbeing, Invisalign, Oral Surgery, Save Money, Teeth Whitening
Table of Contents
Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dentistry procedure
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental procedure that aims to lighten the colour of your teeth and remove stains and discolouration. It has recently gained significant popularity as people strive for brighter, more attractive smiles.
Here’s everything you need to know about:
It can help improve the appearance of yellow or stained teeth. Various methods are available, including professional treatments in a dental office, at-home kits, and over-the-counter products.
Professional whitening treatments
Typically use a higher concentration of bleaching agents than over-the-counter products. These treatments can be done in a single visit or through a series of appointments, often achieving significant whitening results quickly.
At-home whitening kits,
Are a more convenient and affordable option for many people. These kits are over-the-counter and usually contain fewer bleaching agents than professional treatments. They may require several weeks of use to achieve desired results.
Over-the-counter whitening products
Toothpaste and gels are also available. These products typically contain mild abrasives or chemicals that can help remove surface stains on teeth. However, they may not be as effective as professional or at-home whitening kits and may take longer to see results.
It’s important to note that teeth whitening is not suitable for everyone. People with certain dental conditions, such as tooth sensitivity or gum disease, may be unable to use whitening products. Also, whitening only works on natural teeth; it will not affect dental restorations such as fillings, crowns, bridges or veneers.
Before starting any teeth whitening regimen, it’s always best to consult with a dentist to determine the best course of action for your specific needs. To achieve the desired results, a dentist can also advise on the best products, whether professional treatments or over-the-counter options.
What are the types of teeth whitening again?
Types of Teeth Whitening:
a. In-Office Whitening: This is a professional treatment performed by a dentist. It involves applying a high-concentration bleaching gel directly to your teeth and activating it with a special light or laser. It typically provides faster and more dramatic results compared to other methods.
b. At-Home Whitening: This method involves using whitening products at home, such as whitening toothpaste, strips, gels, or trays. They contain lower concentrations of bleaching agents and are available over the counter or through your dentist.
Could you explain to me how it Works?
Teeth whitening products primarily use hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide as bleaching agents. These chemicals break down stains into smaller particles, making the colour less concentrated and your teeth appear whiter.
Can I whiten my teeth?
Candidates for Teeth Whitening: Most people with healthy teeth and gums are suitable candidates for teeth whitening. However, it may not be recommended for individuals with:
- Tooth sensitivity or significant enamel wear
- Cavities or other untreated dental issues
- Allergies to whitening agents
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
Are there any side effects?
Potential Side Effects: Teeth whitening is generally considered safe, but some individuals may experience temporary side effects, including:
- Tooth sensitivity: You may feel temporary sensitivity to hot or cold substances.
- Gum irritation: The whitening agents can sometimes irritate the gums, causing temporary discomfort.
- Uneven whitening: Some teeth may whiten more or less than others, resulting in an uneven appearance.
How long does it last?
- Duration of Results: The longevity of teeth whitening results varies depending on your oral hygiene, dietary habits, and lifestyle choices. Typically, the effects last between a few months to a few years. Touch-up treatments or maintenance may be required to sustain the whitening effect.
- Maintaining Teeth Whitening Results: It’s essential to follow good oral hygiene practices, such as regular brushing, flossing, and dental check-ups. Also, avoid or limit foods and beverages that can stain your teeth, such as coffee, tea, red wine, and tobacco.
- Professional Guidance: It’s advisable to consult with a dentist before pursuing teeth whitening, especially for in-office treatments. A dental professional can assess your oral health, recommend the most suitable whitening method, and ensure proper application to minimize potential risks.
In summary, teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dentistry procedure that can help improve the appearance of yellow or stained teeth. Several methods are available, including professional treatments, at-home kits and over-the-counter products, each with advantages and disadvantages. A dentist should be consulted before starting any teeth whitening regimen. Contact us to find out more about our whitening services.
Have you heard about BlacOne?
BlancOne whitening is a professional teeth whitening system that is known for its advanced and innovative approach to teeth whitening. Developed by a company called LAKI Srl, BlancOne offers both in-office and at-home whitening solutions. Here’s some information about BlancOne whitening:
- Product Range: BlancOne offers teeth whitening products that cater to different needs and preferences. Their product lineup includes in-office whitening systems, at-home kits, maintenance, and oral care products.
- Whitening Technology: BlancOne utilizes a patented whitening technology called “Photo-Activated Teeth Whitening.” This technique involves the combination of a whitening gel, and a low-intensity LED light, which helps accelerate and enhance the whitening process.
- In-Office Whitening: BlancOne provides professional teeth whitening treatments that dental professionals perform. The procedure involves the application of a specially formulated gel onto the teeth, followed by exposure to the LED light. This combination helps to break down stains and discolouration, resulting in a whiter smile.
- At-Home Whitening: BlancOne offers at-home whitening kits allowing individuals to whiten their teeth conveniently in the comfort of their homes. The at-home kits typically include whitening gels, custom-fitted trays, and sometimes an LED light device. The gel is applied to the trays, which are then worn for a specified duration to achieve gradual whitening results.
- Benefits: BlancOne whitening is known for its effectiveness in removing stains and discolouration, resulting in a brighter smile. LED light technology is designed to optimize the whitening process, potentially reducing the treatment time and enhancing the overall results.
- Safety and Professional Guidance: BlancOne products are typically used under the supervision of dental professionals; this ensures that the whitening procedure is performed safely and that the treatment is tailored to the individual’s oral health needs.
- Post-Treatment Maintenance: BlancOne offers maintenance products that can prolong the whitening effects and keep the teeth looking their best. These products may include whitening toothpaste, mouthwashes, and touch-up whitening kits.
Introducing our Ultimate Smile Makeover Package!
Are you ready to transform your smile and achieve a radiant, confident look? We have the perfect offer for you! Our Ultimate Smile Makeover Package combines three powerful treatments: Airflow, Hygiene, and BlancOne Whitening. Get ready to experience the ultimate dental care and reveal a smile that will leave a lasting impression. Here’s what our package includes:
- Airflow Treatment: Start your smile makeover journey with our Airflow treatment. Using a gentle yet effective spray of air, water, and fine powder particles, Airflow removes stubborn surface stains, plaque, and tartar buildup, leaving your teeth feeling fresh and rejuvenated. Say goodbye to coffee, tea, and food stains, and welcome a clean and vibrant smile.
- Hygiene Session: Our dedicated dental hygienist will provide a comprehensive hygiene session to ensure your oral health is in top condition; this includes a thorough examination of your teeth and gums, professional cleaning, and personalized oral hygiene advice. Achieve a healthy foundation for your smile makeover and maintain optimal oral hygiene.
- BlancOne Whitening: The grand finale of our package is the BlancOne Whitening treatment. Experience the power of professional teeth whitening using advanced technology and specially formulated gels. Our dental professionals will carefully apply and activate the whitening gel with the innovative LED light system, giving you a noticeably brighter and whiter smile. Say hello to a smile that dazzles!
Benefits of our Ultimate Smile Makeover Package:
- Comprehensive dental care: Address surface stains, plaque, and tartar, and achieve a healthier smile.
- Enhanced oral hygiene: Receive personalized hygiene advice and maintain optimal oral health.
- Dazzling smile transformation: Enjoy the confidence of a brighter, whiter smile with BlancOne Whitening.
Take advantage of this exclusive offer! Please book your appointment today to take advantage of our Ultimate Smile Makeover Package. Our experienced dental team is ready to guide you to a picture-perfect smile. Unleash your smile’s true potential with our comprehensive and transformative package. Get ready to shine!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
General Private Dental Prices
|Examination / Consultation||£70.00|
|Scale and polish||from £70.00|
|Dental hygiene appointment||£80.00|
|White filling||from £135.00|
|Porcelain crown||from £650.00|
|Root Canal Treatment||from £430.00|
|Implant & Crown||from £2689.00|
Hours & Info
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Care Plans
- Dental Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Exams and Cleanings
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Implants
- Dentures and Partial Dentures
- Emergency Dentistry
- Facial Aesthetics
- General Dentistry
- Gum Disease Treatment
- health and wellbeing
- NHS Dentist
- Oral Surgery
- Save Money
- Teeth Whitening
- Tooth Extraction
2 August 2023 Dr Ruta Cosmetic Dentistry, Dental Care Plans, Dental Crowns and Bridges, Dental Exams and Cleanings, Dental Hygiene, Dental Implants, Dentures and Partial Dentures, Emergency Dentistry, Endodontics, General Dentistry, Gum Disease Treatment, Teeth Whitening, Tooth Extraction